Akon Biography, Age, Height, Weight, Family, Wiki & More
Akon was born on 16-04-1973 in Saint Louis in the state of Missouri, United States. He is a Senegalese-American Singer, Rapper, Songwriter, Businessperson, Record Producer, Film Actor, Television Actor, Musician, Philanthropist & Activist.
|BIRTHDAY||16 April, 1973|
|BIRTH PLACE||Saint Louis , Missouri|
|AGE (2019)||45 Years Old|
|HEIGHT||in centimeters- 180 cm
in meters- 1.8 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 10”
|WEIGHT||in Kilograms- 78 kg
in Pounds- 171.96 lbs
|Mor Thiam Kine Gueye
Some Lesser Known Facts About Akon
- Does Akon takes alcohol? No.
- Akon is non vegetarian.Akon is non-vegetarian and he likes chicken a lot.
- The four songs of Akon certified as 3x platinum, 3 songs certified as 2x platinum and more than 10 songs are certified as 1x platinum.
- Akon also sang the song ‘Chamak Challo’ in 2011 for the Bollywood movie Ra-one collaborate with Vishal-Shekhar.
- He is multitalented and can play five instruments like Drums, Guitar, and Djembe apart from the heart taking voice.
- Akon does not want to spend his whole life with music. He wants to get retired from music and want to start a new business.
- Akon second album Konvicted was certified as deco platinum after the seventh week of the release and after the sixteenth week, it became the double platinum.
- Buddhist groups protested against Akon’s album “Sexy Chick” in Sri Lanka in 2010. They claimed that this album insulted the religion as the Buddha statue that can be seen several times in the background. And Sri Lankan government decided not to give him a visa to enter in Sri Lanka.
- Is Akon in the habit of Smoking? No.
- He claimed that he was a part of an auto-theft ring and spent three years behind the bars. However, the website The Smoking Gun challenged his claim and concluded that he was not in prison any time.
- He felt ashamed of dancing with an underage girl and also recorded a song “Sorry Blame Me” to apologize for his bad behavior.
- He has a record of the No. 1 selling artiste for master ringtones and was included in Guinness Book of World Records for that.
- Although he was born in St. Louis. Missouri but he describes Senegal as his hometown because he has spent most of his childhood there.
- His parents left him and his older brother on their own when they reached High School. They shifted to Atlanta, Georgia leaving him and his brother in Jersey city.
- He launched a project named Akon Lighting Africa in 2014, which provides Electricity in 15 countries of Africa.
- It is like a dream for a common person to own a diamond but he is a person who owns a diamond mine in South Africa. He denies the existence of Blood Diamonds.
- The multilingual singer who can sing English, Spanish, Hindi, can also sing in Tamil.
- His hometown is full of his fans and their limitless love hinders him to go home from the Airport and he requires military assistance to reach his home from there.
- His song “Snitch” was featured in Season 20, Episode 6 of CSI: A Crime Scene Investigation which was on the death of three street rappers.
- He was alleged of beating a 15-year-old boy at the Dutchess Stadium in Fishkill, New York. The boy threw an object towards him. He got angry and pulled him up from the crowd and hoisted him across his shoulders and then tossed him back into the crowd from his shoulders. Police charged him with endangering the welfare of a minor, a misdemeanor, and second-degree harassment, a violation. He was alleged for the charges by Fishkill Court on December 3, 2007.