Dilip Kumar Age, Wife, Family, Biography & More
|Real Name||Muhammad Yusuf Khan|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 175 cm
in meters- 1.75 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 9”
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 66 kg
in Pounds- 146 lbs
|Hair Colour||Salt & Pepper|
|Date of Birth||11 December 1922|
|Age (as in 2018)||96 Years|
|Birth Place||Peshawar, North-West Frontier Province, British India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Sagittarius|
|Hometown||Bombay (now Mumbai), India|
|School||Barnes School, Deolali, Nashik district, Maharashtra|
|Educational Qualifications||Not Known|
|Debut||Film– Jwar Bhata (1944)|
|Family||Father– Lala Ghulam Sarwar (landlord and fruit merchant)
Mother– Ayesha Begum
Brother– Nasir Khan (younger, Film Actor),
Ehsan Khan, Aslam Khan, Noor Mohammed, Ayub Sarwar
|Address||34/B, Palli Hill, Nargis Dutt Road, Bandra (W), Bombay 400050, India|
|Hobbies||Cooking, Playing Cricket
|Favourite Actress||Meena Kumari, Nalini Jaywant|
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Marriage Date||11 October 1966 (with Saira Banu)
Year 1980 (with Asma Rehman)
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Kamini Kaushal, Former Indian Film Actress
Madhubala, Former Indian Film Actress
Saira Banu, Former Indian Film Actress
|Wife/Spouse||Saira Banu (Actress, m.1966-present)
Asma Rehman (m.1980-div.1982)
|Net Worth||$65 million|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Dilip Kumar
- Does Dilip Kumar smoke?: Yes
- Does Dilip Kumar drink alcohol?: Yes
- He was born to a Hindko-speaking Awan family in the Qissa Khawani Bazaar area of Peshawar, Pakistan.
- He was raised along with his 12 siblings.
- His father was a landlord and fruit merchant and also owned orchards in Deolali (in Maharashtra, India) and Peshawar (in Pakistan).
- He did his schooling at Barnes School, Deolali in the Nashik district of Maharashtra.
- His family moved to Bombay (now Mumbai) from Peshawar in the late 1930s.
- Around 1940, when Dilip Kumar was still a teenager, he left home for Pune after an altercation with his father.
- He also set up a sandwich stall at the army club in Pune.
- With 5000 Indian Rupees in hand, he left for Bombay (now Mumbai) and in 1942 he met Devika Rani (owner of Bombay Talkies) and signed a contract with her company on a pay of 1250 Indian Rupees per year.
- Ashok Kumar influenced his acting style very much and told him to act “naturally.”
- Dilip Kumar became very close to Shashadhar Mukherjee and Ashok Kumar over the years.
- Because of his proficiency in the Urdu language, he started his career in the script-writing.
- He changed his name from Yousuf to Dilip on the request of Devika Rani.
- Devika Rani cast him in a lead role for the film- Jwar Bhata (1944), which also proved as the debut of Dilip Kumar as an actor in the Hindi-film industry.
- His acting in his first film- Jwar Bhata (1944) went unnoticed and his first major hit was Jugnu (1947) alongside Noor Jehan.