Deepika Padukone Age, Height, Biography & More
Deepika Padukone is Well known Indian film actress. She was born on 5 January 1986in Copenhagen, Denmark. Deepika is noticeable for her work in Indian Bollywood film industry. She debuts in the film industry by a Kannada film Aishwarya in 2006.Deepika started her carrier as one of the highest-paid actresses in India. She achieved great success in her first and debut Bollywood movie Om Shanti Om in 2007. Deepika debut with the most famous director in Bollywood industry Farah Khan. She worked in 31 Bollywood and one Hollywood movies from 2006 to 2018. She earned many awards like Filmfare Award for Best Female Debut Om Shanti Om in 2006 and Filmfare Award for Best Actress in 2009.
|Original/Real Name||Deepika Padukone|
|Date of Birth||5 January 1986|
|Hometown||Bengaluru, Karnataka, India|
|Debut||Bollywood: Om Shanti Om (2007)Kannada: Aishwarya (2006)|
Height, Weight & Body Measurements
|Height (Centimeters)||174 cm|
|Height (meters)||1.74 m|
|Height (Inches)||5′ 8½”|
|Weight (Kilograms)||58 Kg|
|Weight (Pounds)||127 lbs|
|Breast’s Size||Not known|
|Waist’s Size||26 Inches|
|Shoe’s Size||8 (US)|
Family and Relatives
|Father’s Name||Prakash Padukone(former International level badminton player)|
|Mother’s Name||Ujjala Padukone (worked as a travel agent)|
|Sisters||Anisha Padukone (younger, golfer)|
Marital Status, Affairs, Girlfriends
|Boyfriend||Siddharth Mallya, Ranbir Kapoor, Ranveer Singh|
|Education Qualification and Schooling/College|
|School||Sophia High School, Bengaluru|
|College/ University||Indira Gandhi National Open University|
|Educational Qualification||High School|
|Favourites Things and Like & Dislike|
|Hobbies||Reading books, playing Badminton, Dancing|
|Favourite Food||South Indian Cuisine|
|Favourite Movie||Maine Pyar kya, 3 idiots|
|Favourite Actress||Preity Zinta, Madhuri Dixit, Kajol, Rani Mukherji, Hema Malini, Sridevi|
|Favourite Color||White, Mauve|
|Favourite Actor||Richard Gere, Brad Pitt, Shah Rukh Khan, Aamir Khan, Amitabh Bachchan|
|Salary||21 Crores (INR)|
|Net Worth||$14 million|
|E-Mail Address||Not Available|
|Phone Number||Not Available|
|House Address||B Wing, Cozihom, Pali Hill, Bandra West, Mumbai, Maharashtra|
Photos of Deepika Padukone
Facts about Deepika Padukone
- Does Deepika Padukone smoke? Ans: No
- Does Deepika Padukone Drink? Ans: Yes
- She debuts in the film industry by a Kannada film Aishwarya in 2006.
- Deepika started her carrier as one of the highest-paid actresses in India.
- She earned many awards like Filmfare Award for Best Female Debut Om Shanti Om in 2006.
- Deepika was in a relationship with Siddharth Mallya, Ranbir Kapoor, Ranveer Singh.
- Her favourite food is South Indian Cuisine, ragi chips and her favourite destination is Switzerland.
Life Before becoming an actress
- Deepika was born in a family of former badminton player Prakash Padukone and travel agent Ujjala both are belong to Konkani language and her sister Anisha is a golfer.
- Her grandfather Ramesh, was a secretary of the Mysore Badminton Association. She belongs to Bangalore, India.
- She started her studies at Bangalore’s Sophia High School and completed her pre-university education at Mount Carmel College.
- Deepika, later on, admits at the Indira Gandhi National Open University for a Bachelor of Arts degree in sociology but later quit it due to scheduling conflicts with her modelling career.
- She focused on badminton, which she played competitively from a young age. In 2012, Interview Deepika said, “I would wake up at five in the early morning, go for physical fitness training, go to school, again go for playing badminton, finish my homework, and go to sleep”.
- Along with Badminton, she played baseball in a few state-level tournaments.
- At the age of eight, she appears in a couple of advertising and in 10 grade, she changed focus and decided to become a fashion model.
- In 2004, under the tutelage of Prasad Bidapa, she started a full-time career as a model.
- In 2006, she won the “Model of the Year” award at the Kingfisher Fashion Awards.
- At the age of 21, she migrated from Bangalore to Mumbai and stayed at her aunt’s home. On this year she featuring in the music video for Himesh Reshammiya’s song “Naam Hai Tera.”
She shows up with the most celebrated executive in Kannada film industry Indrajit Lankesh and makes her film debut with Aishwarya. she was cast in the title job inverse the performing artist Upendra in Telugu film Manmadhudu. this film makes extraordinary progress in the film business.
Toward the finish of 2006, she was marked by Farah Khan inverse to Shah Rukh Khan for Bollywood motion picture Om Shanti Om. In which Shah Rukh Khan assumes a job of battling performing artist during the 1970s who kicks the bucket not long after in the wake of seeing the homicide of the lady he adored and is resurrected to retaliate for her passing.
The film makes Commercial progress with a worldwide income of ₹1.49 billion and turns into the most noteworthy earning film of the year.
She made extraordinary progress in her Bollywood debut motion picture and granted the Best Female Debut Award and got her first assignment in the Best Actress classification.
In 2009, she came nearby Akshay Kumar in Chandni Chowk To China and created by a renowned generation Warner Bros. In which she assumed a double job of Sakhi and Suzy they are Indian-Chinese twin sisters. this film become a
major monetary disappointment with overall income of ₹554.7 million on a financial plan of ₹800 million.
Struggles in Career(2010)
In 2010, she had five film releases and her first role in Karthik Calling Karthik. This film is Commercially performed poor response on box office and her profitable film of that year was Housefull with ₹1.15 billion.
After these struggling year, she begins 2011 with an item number in Rohan Sippy’s Dum Maaro Dum and her next film was Aarakshan, co-starring Amitabh Bachchan, Saif Ali Khan, Manoj Bajpayee and Prateik Babbar, which dealt with the political issue.
In 2011, finally, she appeared in Desi Boyz alongside Akshay Kumar, John Abraham, and Chitrangada Singh, a role that failed to propel her career forward.
The number of poorly accepted films led critics to perceive that Padukone had lost her sparkle.
Change in a career (2012)
Presently, she spoke to herself as a main performing artist of contemporary Hindi film by numerous fundamentally and financially fruitful movies.
In 2012, she said the rom-com motion picture Cocktail denoted a noteworthy defining moment in her vocation and she assumes a job of a rash gathering young lady Veronica. Deepika earned numerous honors like Best Actress designations at a few honor functions, including Filmfare, Screen, and IIFA for Cocktail.
She makes herself as a main performing artist of Hindi film in 2013 of top-netting preparations of the year with John Abraham and Jacqueline Fernandez in Abbas-Mustan’s Race 2.
Presently she worked with Ayan Mukerji lighthearted comedy Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani in inverse to her ex. sweetheart Ranbir Kapoor and the film developed as a noteworthy business achievement.
So as to effective film, she worked inverse to Shah Rukh Khan in Rohit Shetty’s activity satire film Chennai Express and this motion picture earned over ₹3.95 billion to rise as Padukone’s most elevated netting discharge to that point and one next to the other Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani it positions among the most elevated netting Indian movies.
She worked with Sanjay Leela Bhansali in Goliyon Ki Raasleela Ram-Leela inverse to her beau Ranveer Singh and this film earned ₹2.02 billion around the world, making it Padukone’s fourth back to back achievement of the year.
Deepika won numerous honors based on their two fruitful movies Chennai Express and Goliyon Ki Raasleela Ram-Leela including the Screen Award for Best Actress for the two movies.
In 2014, she works for Tamil industry after quite a while in inverse to Rajinikanth and Deepika was paid ₹30 million for two days worth of work in it.
Best Films (2015-2018)
So as to best movies, she showed up with Amitabh Bachchan in Shoojit Sircar’s satire dramatization film Piku. This film gross of over ₹1.40 billion worldwide and developed as a film industry hit and Deepika got her second Best Actress grants at Filmfare and Screen.
Deepika rejoined with Sanjay Leela Bhansali film with Ranveer Singh in Bajirao Mastani. This film income of over ₹3.5 billion Bajirao Mastani ended up being the fourth most elevated earning Bollywood film of the year.
Her first undertaking in Hollywood is the activity film xXx: Return of Xander Cage in 2017 in which she assumed the lead female job of Serena Unger, inverse Vin Diesel.
In 2018, Deepika worked in most astounding netting discharge and is among Indian film’s greatest grossers motion picture Padmaavat with Bhansali and With an expected spending plan of ₹2 billion however they profit of ₹5.25 billion.
Awards and nominations received by Deepika Padukone
Deepika is one of the best actresses who received Filmfare Awards(3), IIFA(6), Producers Guild Film Awards(5), Screen Awards(9), Stardust Awards(3) and Zee Cine Awards(6). She holding the position of queen of Bollywood with seven movies crossing the prestigious 100crore club.
Asian Film Awards(AFA)
|1||2008||Om Shanti Om||Best Actress||Nominated|
|2||2009||Chandni Chowk to China||Best Actress||Nominated|
|1||2008||Om Shanti Om||Best Female Debut||Won|
|2||2008||Om Shanti Om||Best Actress||Nominated|
|3||2010||Love Aaj Kal||Best Actress||Nominated|
|5||2014||Chennai Express||Best Actress||Nominated|
|6||2014||Goliyon Ki Raasleela: Ram-Leela||Best Actress||Won|
|8||2016||Bajirao Mastani||Best Actress||Nominated|
|1||2008||Om Shanti Om||Most Promising Newcomer – Female||Won|
|2||2008||Om Shanti Om||Jodi No. 1||Won|
|3||2010||Love Aaj Kal||Best Actress||Nominated|
|4||2011||Housefull||Best Actress (Popular Choice)||Nominated|
|5||2012||Desi Boyz||Best Actress (Popular Choice)||Won|
|6||2013||Cocktail||Best Actress (Popular Choice)||Nominated|
|8||2017||N/A||Best Style Icon||Won|
There are so many awards Deepika achieved in her life such as:
- BIG Star Entertainment Awards,
- CNN-IBN Indian of the Year,
- Indian Film Festival of Melbourne,
- International Indian Film Academy Awards,
- NDTV Indian of the Year, People’s Choice Awards India,
- Producers Guild Film Awards,
- Star Box Office Awards, Stardust Awards,
- Teen Choice Awards,
- Times of India Film Awards,
- Zee Cine Awards, Other awards, and recognition
Deepika worked in music videos
|Aap Kaa Surroor||2005||Naam Hai Tera||–||Himesh Reshammiya|
|–||2010||Phir Mile Sur Mera Tumhara||Herself||Various|
|Let’s Party||2012||Bolydude Ganeshan||–||Ganesh Hegde|
- Aishwarya in 2006
- Om Shanti Om in 2007
- Bachna Ae Haseeno in 2008
- Chandni Chowk to China in 2009
- Billu in 2009
- Love Aaj Kal in 2009
- Main Aurr Mrs Khanna in 2009
- Karthik Calling Karthik in 2010
- Housefull in 2010
- Lafangey Parindey in 2010
- Break Ke Baad in 2010
- Khelein Hum Jee Jaan Sey in 2010
- Dum Maaro Dum in2011
- Aarakshan in 2011
- Desi Boyz in 2011
- Cocktail in 2012
- Race 2 in 2013
- Bombay Talkies in 2013
- Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani in 2013
- Chennai Express in 2013
- Goliyon Ki Raasleela Ram-Leela in 2013
- Kochadaiiyaan in 2014
- Finding Fanny in 2014
- Happy New Year in 2014
- My Choice in 2015
- Piku in 2015
- Tamasha in 2015
- Bajirao Mastani in 2015
- xXx: Return of Xander Cage in 2017
- Raabta in 2017
- Padmavati in 2018
- Zero Film has yet to be released 2018
- Chhapaak 2020