Lionel Messi – Biography, Age, Height, Carrer & Net Worth
Lionel Andrés Messi Cuccittini (born 24 June 1987) is an Argentine expert footballer who plays as a forward and commanders both Spanish club Barcelona and the Argentina national group. Frequently thought about the best player on the planet and viewed by numerous individuals as the best player of all time, Messi has won a record-tying five Ballon d’Or awards, four of which he won sequentially, and a record five European Golden Shoes. He has spent his whole expert profession with Barcelona, where he has won a club-record 32 trophies, including nine La Liga titles, four UEFA Champions League titles and six Copas del Rey.
Both a productive goalscorer and an innovative playmaker, Messi holds the records for most objectives in La Liga (412), a La Liga season (50), a club football season in Europe (73), a schedule year (91), El Clásico (26), most cap traps in the UEFA Champions League, just as those for most aids La Liga (166) and the Copa América (11). He has scored more than 680 senior profession objectives for club and country.
Quick Facts Of Messi
|Nick Name||Lionel Messi|
|Place Of Birth||Rosario, Argentina|
|Mother||Celia María Cuccittini|
|Current Team||FC Barcelona, Argentina national football team|
|Height||5 Feet 9.5 Inch|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Links||Wikipedia Facebook Twitter Instagram Website|
|1994–2000||Newell’s Old Boys|
|Controversies||• In 2013, he was investigated for his suspected tax evasion.
• In 2016, his name appeared in the Panama Papers Data Leak.
Born and brought up in focal Argentina, Messi was determined to have a development hormone lack as a youngster. At age 13, he migrated to Spain to join Barcelona, who consented to pay for his restorative treatment. After a quick movement through Barcelona’s childhood foundation, Messi made his aggressive presentation matured 17 in October 2004. In spite of being damage inclined amid his initial profession, he set up himself as a vital player for the club inside the following three years, completing 2007 as a finalist for both the Ballon d’Or and FIFA World Player of the Year grant, an accomplishment he rehashed the next year.
His first continuous battle came in the 2008– 09 season, amid which he helped Barcelona accomplish the main treble in Spanish football. At 22 years of age, Messi won the Ballon d’Or and FIFA World Player of the Year grant by record casting a ballot margins.
Three fruitful seasons pursued, with Messi winning three continuous FIFA Ballons d’Or, including an extraordinary fourth. Amid the 2011– 12 season, he set the La Liga and European records for most objectives scored in a solitary season, while setting up himself as Barcelona’s record-breaking top scorer in authority rivalries in March 2012. The accompanying two seasons, Messi completed twice second for the Ballon d’Or behind Cristiano Ronaldo, his apparent profession rival. Messi recaptured his best structure amid the 2014– 15 battle, breaking the record-breaking goalscoring records in both La Liga and the Champions League in November 2014,[note 3] and driving Barcelona to a notable second treble.
An Argentine worldwide, Messi is his nation’s untouched driving goalscorer. At youth level, he won the 2005 FIFA World Youth Championship, completing the competition with both the Golden Ball and Golden Shoe, and an Olympic gold decoration at the 2008 Summer Olympics. His style of play as a small, left-footed dribbler drew correlations with countryman Diego Maradona, who pronounced the youngster his successor. In the wake of making his senior presentation in August 2005, Messi turned into the most youthful Argentine to play and score in a FIFA World Cup amid the 2006 version, and achieved the last of the 2007 Copa América, where he was named youthful player of the competition.
As the squad’s commander from August 2011, he drove Argentina to three back to back finals: the 2014 FIFA World Cup, for which he won the Golden Ball, and the 2015 and 2016 Copas América. Subsequent to declaring his global retirement in 2016, he turned around his choice and drove his nation to capability for the 2018 FIFA World Cup.
By the standards of modern football, Messi has a relatively private and modest lifestyle. He makes efforts to keep links to his hometown of Rosario. He has an Argentinian girlfriend Antonella Roccuzzo, and they have one child Thiago, born in November 2012.
“I have changed nothing, my style of play is still that of a child. I know that above all it is my job and that I should approach it in another way, but one must not lose sight of the fact that football is a game. It is imperative one plays to amuse oneself, to be happy. That is what children do and I do the same thing.” (total Barca)
– Lionel Messi
|Club||Season||League||Copa del Rey||Champions
|Barcelona C||2003–04||Tercera División||10||5||—||—||—||10||5|
|Barcelona B||2003–04||Segunda División B||5||0||—||—||—||5||0|
|2004–05||Segunda División B||17||6||—||—||—||17||6|
Messi major honours
- Spanish La Liga title(*8) : 2004–05, 2005–06, 2008–09, 2009–10, 2010–11, 2012–13, 2014–15, 2015–16
- Spanish Cup (*2)– Copa del Rey: 2008–09, 2011–12; Runner-up 2010–11
- Supercopa de España (*6): 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013; Runner-up 2012
- UEFA Champions League (*4) : 2005–06, 2008–09, 2010–11, 2014-15
- UEFA Super Cup (*2): 2009, 2011; Runner-up 2006
- FIFA Club World Cup (2): 2009, 2011
- Olympic Gold Medal: 2008
- FIFA U-20 World Cup: 2005
- 2006 World Cup – QF
- 2010 World Cup – QF
- 2014 World Cup – Runners-up.
- FIFA Ballon d’Or/Ballon d’Or: 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2015
- European Golden Shoe: 2010, 2012, 2013, 2017, 2018
- FIFA World Player of the Year: 2009
- FIFA World Cup Golden Ball: 2014
- Copa América Golden Ball: 2015
- UEFA Men’s Player of the Year Award: 2011, 2015
- UEFA Club Footballer of the Year: 2009
- UEFA Club Forward of the Year: 2009
- Onze d’Or: 2009, 2010–11, 2011–12, 2017–18
- Globe Soccer Awards Best Player of the Year: 2015
- La Liga Best Player: 2008–09, 2009–10, 2010–11, 2011–12, 2012–13, 2014–15, 2017–18
- La Liga Best Forward: 2008–09, 2009–10, 2010–11, 2011–12, 2012–13, 2014–15, 2015–16
- FIFA Club World Cup Golden Ball: 2009, 2011
- FIFA Club World Cup Silver Ball: 2015
- FIFA Club World Cup Final Most Valuable Player: 2009, 2011
- FIFA World Youth Championship Golden Ball: 2005
- FIFA World Youth Championship Golden Shoe: 2005
- Olimpia de Plata (Argentine Footballer of the Year): 2005, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Copa América Best Young Player: 2007
- FIFPro Young World Player of the Year: 2006, 2007, 2008
- Bravo Award: 2007
- Golden Boy (Young European Footballer of the Year): 2005
- IFFHS World’s Best Playmaker: 2015, 2016, 2017
- IFFHS Men’s World Team: 2017, 2018
- La Liga Player of the Month: January 2016, April 2017, April 2018, September 2018
- FIFA FIFPro World XI: 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
- UEFA Team of the Year: 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
- UEFA Ultimate Team of the Year
- La Liga Team of the Season: 2014–15, 2015–16
- UEFA La Liga Team of The Season: 2015–16, 2016–17
- FIFA World Cup Dream Team: 2014
- Copa América Dream Team: 2007, 2011, 2015, 2016
- AFA Team of All Time (published 2015)
- UEFA Goal of the Season: 2006–07, 2014–15, 2015–16
- World Soccer Greatest XI of All Time (published 2013)
As of 2019, Lionel Messi’s net worth is $400 million, making him one of the richest soccer players in the world.